It's still winter, but it's a great time to prepare for spring gardening
Dates: Friday 31st July through to Tuesday 4th August.
Location: 2pm each day on zoom, with a private Facebook group for additional Q&A.
July topics (getting ready for spring):
- Seed sowing for late winter: what to grow in Auckland right now.
- DIY soil mixes: Seed raising mix & Potting mix. Avoid those nasty plastic bags.
- Container gardening. Grow in small spaces, grow extra, grow food in pots to give to friends.
- In ground worm farming. Learn to make a self-fertilising planter.
- Compost. Start making healthy, organic soil from food scraps and garden waste.
This is a taster of the comprehensive edible gardening course - it's just the most useful topics for this time of year condensed into five lessons.
Can't make it at 2pm each day? Watch the replays instead, and use the Facebook group to connect in and ask questions.