Once a month you get the chance to join a five day online course - like a garden immersion. The topics are chosen to be seasonally appropriate, but all taken from the growing curriculum of holistic gardening techniques taught by Blue Borage. It feels like water wise gardening is going to be an important theme this year, so each of the topics in the course will be taught from the perspective of how to get good results with less water.
Spring is here, let's get outside in our gardens
Dates: Friday 6th to Tuesday 10th November 2020.
Location: 10am each day on zoom, with a private Facebook group for additional Q&A
November topics (spring gardening):
- Seed sowing for spring: what to plant right now.
- DIY soil mixes: Seed raising mix & Potting mix. Avoid those nasty plastic bags.
- Container gardening. Grow in small spaces, grow extra, grow food in pots to give to friends.
- In ground worm farming. Learn to make a self-fertilising planter or add one to an existing raised bed garden.
- Compost. Making healthy, organic soil from food scraps and garden waste, tips to actually using more of what you already make.
- Make a no-dig garden, with a hybrid method resembling lasagne gardening and hugelkultur.
This is a taster of the comprehensive edible gardening course - it's just the most useful topics for this time of year condensed into five lessons.
Can't make it at 10am each day? Watch the replays instead, and use the Facebook group to connect with everyone and ask questions.